The UN has named 17 goals that will help boost sustainable development worldwide. We need passionate participants who can leverage our platform and imagery for geospatial projects supporting work in disaster response, food security, poverty elimination, ending malaria, to name a few.
Propose your ideas and how you would leverage GBDX and high-resolution satellite imagery to solve some of the world’s most pressing issues. All projects are expected to share any outputs from the challenge.
• Fill out the form below to receive challenge details and your submission application.
• Check your email for your submission application - be sure to provide all specified information in order to qualify for participation.
• The deadline for submissions is 5pm EST, January 12th, 2018. GBDX access will be awarded to the top teams.
• Winning teams will be notified no later than February 1st. Any individual(s) and/or organization(s) are eligible to apply.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
World Economic Forum
Digital Impact Alliance
• Challenge Launch: November 30th
• Submission Deadline: 5pm EST, January 12th
• Accepted Submissions Announced: February 1st
• GBDX Project Submission Deadline: 5 pm EST, April 2nd
• Final Winners Announced: April 16th
Successful submissions will be determined by the following criteria:
• Does this directly support the SDGs?
• Does this contribute to open derivatives and/or open algorithms?
• Is this an innovative use of machine learning and high-resolution imagery?
• Does the team have the necessary skills and expertise to successfully deliver on their idea?
Successful submissions will be granted access to DigitalGlobe’s geospatial big data platform, GBDX, for two months to test their project concepts. Projects will be judged by the criteria above and winners will be announced on April 16th. Winners will have the opportunity to showcase their work at a World Bank hosted event in Washington, DC.